Introduction to the facilities
National Research Institute of Brewing is the only national institute for research of alcoholic beverages and plays the role of a national center of alcoholic beverages.
View National Research Institute of Brewing website
Facilities for tour
- National Research Institute of Brewing
The content of the tour
The person in charge will show you around the facilities according to the content and time you would like.
Typical tour content is as follows (for about one hour):
- Video presentation (in Japanese)
- Tour of alcoholic beverage production experiment building
- Tasting of test brewed sake (The tasting is not for minors or people who are driving)
- From JR Saijo station
- By JR Bus: Take a bus at NO.7 stop bound for Kurose/Kure/Hiro, get off at Suigenchi-mae bus stop, and then walk for 5 minutes.
- By taxi: 15 min. (approximately 5 km)
- From Hiroshima Airport
Take a bus bound for Shiraichi station (Geiyo Bus) and transfer at JR Shiraichi station to a JR Sanyo line train to Saijo station.
From Saijo station, see above.
- By taxi: about 35 min.
- From JR Sanyo Shinkansen Higashi-Hiroshima station
About 10 minutes by taxi
- About 20 minutes from the Saijo Interchange, Sanyo Expressway