Introduction to the facilities
Japan Mint produces coins, badges and medals of honor, precious metal wares, etc.
View Japan Mint website
Facilities for tour
- Japan Mint Head Office
- Online reservation is not available for tours of the Head Office Museum, Saitama Branch Coin Factory and Museum, or Hiroshima Branch Coin Factory and Exhibition Room.
If you desire a tour, please see "Mint Tour / Mint Museum".
The content of the tour
- Video presentation (in Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean and sign language) and overview of Japan Mint
- Coin Factory tour (from behind glass and with explanation provided by a guide)
- Mint Museum (free tour)
- the tour takes approximately 90 minutes; the tour may be conducted in a different order.
- 15 minutes’ walk from Sakuranomiya or Kyobashi station, Osaka Loop Line
- 15 minutes’ walk from Osaka Temmangu station, JR Tozai Line
- 15 minutes’ walk from Temmabashi station, Keihan Railway or Subway Tanimachi Line
- 15 minutes’ walk from Minamimorimachi station, Subway Tanimachi Line or Subway Sakaisuji Line
- Near to Sakuranomiyabashi stop, Osaka City Bus or Kintetsu Bus
- For details, see Mint Tour