September 26, 2013
Ministry of Finance
New Tax Convention with New Zealand will Enter into Force
- On September 25 (Wed.), an exchange of diplomatic notes for entry into force of the Convention between Japan and New Zealand for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income (signed on December 10, 2012) took place in Tokyo.
- Therefore, the Convention will enter into force on October 25 this year (on the thirtieth day after the date of exchange of diplomatic notes), and will apply to the following:
(1) with respect to taxes on income withheld at source, for amounts taxable on or after January 1, 2014;
(2) with respect to taxes on income which are not withheld at source, as regards income for any taxable year beginning on or after January 1, 2014; and
(3) with respect to other taxes, as regards taxes for any taxable year beginning on or after January 1, 2014.
・See below for the outline of this Convention.